Thursday, June 3, 2010

Great Year!

It's been a fantastic year! Last week ended the official year, but our studies will continue throughout the summer. Ah, the joys of homeschooling. :) Living in Florida, the land of heavenly winters, we like to take lots of breaks in the late fall and winter, especially during the holidays. To assure we get our required number of days in for the calendar year, we'll continue until August when the new year starts. Of course, we've already attended our end of the year ceremonies and celebrations, and the kids have officially been graduated to their next level.

At the End of the Year Celebration, the kids received (lots of) various awards, but there is one in particular I am so proud of. Caleb is one of two kids to be on the Academy List - basically the Dean's List at The Rock Academy. He made straight A's all year, and I am so proud of him for this! For Millie, I didn't do grades with her, just gave her S's. She learned to read this year, and I am so excited for this new world that has opened up for her!

Here are a couple of pictures from our academic fair with The Rock Academy.





Oh! Before I forget... If you are interested in chickens, gardens or just want to giggle at our "farming" adventures (HA!), visit my husband's new blog. It could be interesting. ;)

That's all I have for now. We've started fostering a dog for Hound Haven, and I think it's time to take the dogs out. If anyone is interested in an AMAZING, smart, lovable black lab mix, please consider Duke. He's a precious, precious dog, and I know he'll make someone an amazing friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment