Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gardening

I am so, so excited! We're going to do a garden! We bought some little organic seed starter pots and fertilizer soil as well as some seeds. After we get the plants growing, we're going to use some old tires we have and fill them up with soil. Voila! Raised gardening. :)


Of course, being a homeschooler, I need to follow this rabbit trail, right? I purchased this Amanda Bennett unit study on Gardens and will row Miss Rumphius from FIAR Vol. 2. I am so, so excited! I think I'll do The Secret Garden as a read-aloud.


Caleb is going to plant and tend to the vegetables, and Millie is going to do the flowers. It should be fun to see how they do. We've never gardened in Florida, so it's going to take some researching and trial and error to figure out what works best and how. I think I'll let Caleb do some of that research as a project.


I've also ordered the Spring Hill Nursery catalog. My mom used to let my sister and me pick out plants every year to order when were still living at home. I think I'll continue that tradition and let my kids choose one or two.


Just wanted to give a quick update. I'll try to take some pictures this week while we finish up Ping and maybe some of our Mystery of History projects.


Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment