Friday, July 31, 2009

Exciting Year!

2009-2010 is going to be an exciting year - personally, professionally, academically, spiritually.

Personally
I've joined Weight Watchers and have lost 19.4 pounds so far! Though I have a journey ahead of me, I look forward to each step I take, knowing that I am striving for a goal. My weigh in is on Wednesday mornings, and that time is set aside for ME. I have an amazing leader, Halyna, and an amazing support group. I want to run a good race.

Professionally
Dave is unemployed but still looking. He will find a job, a good job, a job Yahweh has created for him, one that will allow him to support his family and use his talents.

Our billing company is also going through the fire right now, but we, too, will prevail. We are praying for new accounts so that we can let one of our bigger, more stressful accounts go.

Academically
Decisions have finally been made. It should be a fun year. Aside from what I am sharing here, I plan to take time out to do a Thanksgiving study and a Christmas study as well as various child-led units. We always like to do something with the Iditarod, so I imagine this year will be no exception. Here is the plan:

Caleb
Bigger Hearts for His Glory
Bigger Extension Pack
Apologia Astronomy
Drawn into the Heart of Reading
Horizons 4
CLE Language Arts 4

Millie
Animals and Their Worlds
Reading Made Easy
Horizons 1
Lots of drawing/painting/crafty stuff

Since Dave does not currently have a job, the kids won't be able to take dance this year. :( (I haven't broken that news to them yet, and I don't think it will go over well.) We are eligible for a Y discount (already filled out the paperwork), so if we can somehow swing that, the kids will be able to be involved with their (free) homeschool PE class on Wednesday and Friday. Also, we can receive discounted sports classes, and I was thinking of signing them up for Tae Kwon Do. Again, this is if we can swing it financially. Right now we can't do anything, but we WILL. SOON.

In addition to all of this, we have proudly enrolled the kids at The Rock Academy. There will be lots and lots of field trips this year to attend. I can hardly wait!!!! :)

Spiritually
Not sure how to elaborate on this one other than we are listening and obeying and anticipating in all areas, yielding our hearts to His. I expect great change this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment